Childcare and School (ISD) Resources
- The Texas Workforce Commission’s subsidized childcare program is making changes to their requirements in light of the COVID-19 crisis. Please check their website regularly for announcements coming soon.
- Due to COVID-19, YMCA branches are currently closed; however, they continue to offer limited childcare programming on a daily basis, supporting the childcare needs of first responders, medical professionals, government officials, and those that must continue their work in this challenging time. This care will be offered until further notice at 11 YMCA branches across the Dallas Metroplex in accordance with state guidelines.
- You can click on any of the below ISD links to get up to date information for lunch meal distribution. Texas Education Agency (TEA) has created the Texas Students MealFinder Map to help people locate closed schools that are currently serving meals. The map includes a list of schools, and their addresses and service times, which can be searched by address.
- During The COVID-19 Pandemic, ChildCareGroup is providing childcare options for front line essential workers. This information is provided to assist you and your staff with inquiries from employers and/or job seekers seeking child care for essential workers. Click here to complete the application if you need help paying for childcare. Otherwise, if you need help searching for child care, click here.
- If Employers have specific questions about the essential workers seeking child care, please feel free to have them email their questions.